PDA

View Full Version : Transferring RC on the name of Insurance company , In case of theft

ontologic
31-10-2009, 03:05 PM
In case the Insurance company is ready to compensate and approves the claim , is it my responsibility to "transfer the R.C. book in
the insurance company's favor" or is it the responsibility of the insurance company itself , given i provide them with my signatures on the RTO forms ( 29, 30, च). "The Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd" has asked for a set of documents before releasing the payment which include :

1) Transfer of RC book in Co's favor
2) Latest NCRB report
3) Original Policy
4) Discharge Voucher
5) Letter of Subrogation and Letter of Indemnity (notarized)
6) Copy of letter to police station to contact Oriental in case the vehicle is recovered

I have complied with all the conditions and furnished all the documents but i am not sure if transferring the vehicle ( basically running to the RTO office multiple times or paying a few thousand of rupees to agents) is my responsibility or is it the work which Oriental Insurance should do. Is there any guideline for that ? I can't force them for anything as long as the payment is with them , until its a rule/guideline/practice which everyone follows.

I have heard that other insurance companies like ICICI and all do it themselves , all they need is your signatures on the forms. Is it specific to the policy of an insurance company ?

I am just fed up of the asks and demands of this insurance company for last 1 and a half years. Now that they are ready to give me my money (stolen vehicle) when I wrote an application to the IRDA , they have asked for all those above documents. They all seem good to me except the 1st one , which should be the work of insurance company.

CopyCat
31-10-2009, 04:36 PM
It the claim policy of the company. Please read policy wording, with it you can check what is your right. If the company is not following the terms and conditions than you can take the issue to IRDA.

Natraj
31-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I am just fed up of the asks and demands of this insurance company for last 1 and a half years. Now that they are ready to give me my money (stolen vehicle) when I wrote an application to the IRDA , they have asked for all those above documents. They all seem good to me except the 1st one, which should be the work of insurance company.
To submit all the documents requested by the insurance company to process the loss is Insured duty. I don't see any reason to angry on it.