PDA

View Full Version : Transfer of Group Health Insurance Policy

Tomar
03-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi, I am working for a leading Pvt. Bank. Our Bank has taken a Group Health Insurance policy from Reliance Insurance Company to cover all the employees. Now due to better job prospects, I have resigned from my present position. Now I have a query - Is it possible for me to transfer a policy given to me under a group health plan by my current bank employer to new employer?

Expert
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
It is not possible to shift Group Health Insurance to new employer. Your coverage will be expired on the last day with the present organisation.

rohit
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi, I am working for a leading Pvt. Bank. Our Bank has taken a Group Health Insurance policy from Reliance Insurance Company to cover all the employees. Now due to better job prospects, I have resigned from my present position. Now I have a query - Is it possible for me to transfer a policy given to me under a group health plan by my current bank employer to new employer?
Transfer in plan is not possible. But you can get yourself covered in the another Group policy, if they (new employer) already have or buy new group policy.

Tomar
04-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks Expert and Rohit for your valuable input.