PDA

View Full Version : Carry forward all the benefits of mediclaim policy?

Yugendhar
12-11-2009, 03:20 PM
I have mediclaim policy with New India Insurance company for last four years. I have not taken any claim on this. I am looking to take Health Insurance from Pvt. Insurance Co. I have a query - If I change my insurer this time, would I carry forward all the benefits earned so far with my current mediclaim policy?

Contractor
12-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I know that it is not possible with ICICI Lombard, Others I don't know.
Info on their website - Pre-existing diseases can be covered after 4 continuous years## of coverage with the Company

Master
12-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I have mediclaim policy with New India Insurance company for last four years. I have not taken any claim on this. I am looking to take Health Insurance from Pvt. Insurance Co. I have a query - If I change my insurer this time, would I carry forward all the benefits earned so far with my current mediclaim policy?
Still we haven't reached at that age in insurance, where the insurance companies share there data among them self. So better be with the same company and enjoy.

Matrix
17-11-2009, 03:42 AM
If you switch your Mediclaim insurance, you will lose benefit of Bonus & pre-existing illness. Your waiting period for pre-existing would starts afresh.