PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance paper lost?

nimit
06-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Hi all, I have lost all my car papers like RC, Car insurance, tax and car manual last month. I have lodged a FIR with local Police. Could you please let me know what needs to get insurance coverage? Do I need to apply for new insurance policy or anything can be done with old policy.

v.r.s.nathan
07-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Nimit - Do you have some previous insurance info like cover note, cheque no etc., than you can call the insurance company and request them to send you a duplicate copy. No need for new application for insurance. If you have no info about the previous policy, than please check with your agent.

CONFUSED
07-12-2009, 05:46 PM
If you have the photocopy of the insurance than call the insurance company and request them to send the duplicate insurance policy. Insurance company may charge for duplicate policy. If you don't have one, than write a letter to the branch (from where you have bought the policy) and also submit copy of FIR. They (insurer) will check in their database with Registration No. and give you the duplicate policy.

deepti ahuja
09-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Nimit, if you have some important info like cheque no, cover note etc, you can call the insurance company and they will provide you with duplicate copy. But in case, if you don’t have any info, then write one letter to your branch and send copy of FIR as well. After this, insurer will take necessary steps. On a casual note, I just want to advise you, to make sure your important documents are free from the risk of theft, fire, loss, moisture, termites or even kids.