PDA

View Full Version : Cancel my car insurance

Vibs1978
18-12-2009, 02:42 PM
I have sold my car - Santro - 2003 model, how do I cancel my car insurance policy with insurance company? Do I get some refund for unused period?

Contractor
18-12-2009, 06:10 PM
To cancel your policy, you will need to return your current Insurance Certificate of Insurance to the insurer. After getting the request the insurer will cancel your car insurance cover and give you a proportionate refund on your premium (subject to no claim).

Master
18-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Do I get some refund for unused period?
Reproducing Confused answer on the same -

Unused premium would be refunded depending upon the following circumstances -

If the insurance cover was continuous for 12 months or more, the Premium to be refunded on pro-rata basis subject to no claim made on the policy.
If the cover is not continuous, the Premium is to be retained on short period basis and the balance to be refunded.
It should be noted that in the event of cancellation of cover, premium should be refunded only if there has been no claim under the policy.

Vibs1978
18-12-2009, 11:12 PM
To cancel your policy, you will need to return your current Insurance Certificate of Insurance to the insurer. After getting the request the insurer will cancel your car insurance cover and give you a proportionate refund on your premium (subject to no claim).

Reproducing Confused answer on the same -
Thanks a lot guys for helping me out.

Krypton
19-12-2009, 03:09 AM
I have sold my car - Santro - 2003 model, how do I cancel my car insurance policy with insurance company? Do I get some refund for unused period?
You may cancel your motor insurance policy at any time by notifying your insurance company in writing, inclusive of the date you want to stop the policy.