PDA

View Full Version : Rejection of my health insurance claim

Yugendhar
26-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi All, I am covered with a leading pvt. insurance company's group health insurance. The policy is being taken by my employer. Recently, my claim has been rejected by the insurance company, mentioning that it's not covered under the policy conditions, so they are rejecting my claim. I am not satisfied by the reasons for rejections mentioned in the rejection letter, could you please tell me is there any time line to apply against such denial?

Regards,
Yugen

Master
26-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Its really sad that your claim has been denied. You can apply to the insurance company with in 15 days of receiving the denial letter from the insurance company.

CONFUSED
27-12-2009, 01:28 PM
You can apply to same insurance company within 15 days, but after that period is over, you can file an appeal in IRDA or Consumer court.

santhosh
22-03-2010, 01:00 PM
You can apply to same insurance company within 15 days, but after that period is over, you can file an appeal in IRDA or Consumer court.

hello guys!

me too having the same problem, but what do you mean "apply to same insurance company" Do you mean i have to again apply for cash claim, if so then do i have to again send all the detail and reports to the insurance company ??

thanks in advance

Reply me soon as possible because I received the denial letter just a week before

PolicyWala
24-03-2010, 02:17 AM
hello guys!

me too having the same problem, but what do you mean "apply to same insurance company" Do you mean i have to again apply for cash claim, if so then do i have to again send all the detail and reports to the insurance company ??

thanks in advance

Reply me soon as possible because I received the denial letter just a week before
You have to send all the documents with the denial letter to the insurance company, with a letter explaining that why insurance company should consider your claim. There is no word as cash claim.

santhosh
24-03-2010, 09:14 AM
You have to send all the documents with the denial letter to the insurance company, with a letter explaining that why insurance company should consider your claim. There is no word as cash claim.

Thanks for Response

Actually I'm using "paid and claim" method,that's why i called it cash claim