PDA

View Full Version : new Medical Policy

manishag
13-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Hi friends,
I want to go for the familiy floater for me (26 year) and my wife (25 years). I am prefering the PSU for the policy because I have heard that they are slow but they accept the claims. When I talked to agent, he suggested me the apollo DKV Easy Health Family Premium. The way he explains apollo seems good option to me. but I don't want to go with the agent words (policywizard) I want to take the views of policy gurus from policy wala. here are my requrinments:

Policy Type: family floater
max Coverage Age: there should not be any upper limit for the policy cease age
Coverage Amount: 4Lakh
Critical Illness Coverage: Yes
Maternity Coverage: good if it's covered after any waiting time but not necessary
Many Inclusions: Policy should continue for the remaning family even if I die. and there should not be any sub limits on the deceases claim like 75% of the sum insured for X deceases.
Network Hospitals: It should have good coverage of Hospitals good in the sense which provide service like in apollo Hospital in Delhi where Drs are too good but staff and services are horrible or Balaji action in Delhi has horrible service as well as Doctors sometimes Dr forgets to attend the patient for 3-4 days :)

expert comments are invited
thanks in advance

CONFUSED
13-01-2010, 06:21 PM
You can go for Apollo DVK. Go for Easy Health Family Floater Exclusive or Platinum. You would get -
- Maternity Expenses
- Daily Cash for accompanying an insured child
- Additional Cover for Critical Illness
(Which is not there in Easy Health Family Floater Standard Policy)

Policy Type: family floater
max Coverage Age: there should not be any upper limit for the policy cease age
Coverage Amount: 4Lakh
Critical Illness Coverage: Yes
Maternity Coverage: good if it's covered after any waiting time but not necessary
All the above conditions are present in it.

Network Hospitals:
Are almost same in all the policies. If you are in Delhi. Take services, which you think is best.

Hope this would help.

Lethal
13-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I am prefering the PSU for the policy because I have heard that they are slow but they accept the claims.
I am not agreeing with you. All the companies pay genuine claims. If the claim is not being paid, then you can go to IRDA or consumer court. (On a lighter side - you are also suggesting a Pvt Company)

Many Inclusions: Policy should continue for the remaining family even if I die.
If you have paid premium, till the expiry of the policy, all the expenses are covered (up to Sum Insured)

and there should not be any sub limits on the deceases claim like 75% of the sum insured for X deceases.
I could not get you here, could you pls rephrase the question again.

PolicyWala
13-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I am prefering the PSU for the policy because I have heard that they are slow but they accept the claims. It’s now 10th year after privatization in 1999, still people are not looking for services?

manishag
14-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. So I have decided to take Apollo-DKV Easy Health Premium Plan.

Thanks