PDA

View Full Version : Loading on Renewal premium - TATA Indica

sagar_joshi
27-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi Guys,

I insure my vehicle with one of the leading Pvt. General Insurance Company. My renewal is due on 31 Jan'2010. Last week, agent came and calculated premium of my TATA - Indica Car and told me the premium amount and I have signed the proposal form and gave him the cheque. Today, he called up from the insurance company office and told me that I have to pay around Rs.400 more as a premium because the insurance company is putting loading on TATA - Indica car. I have asked him why? He updated that it's insurance companies survey that 90% of TATA Indica cars are running as Taxi, so they are putting loading on TATA-Indica. I have bought my car for personal use and using for the same. Is there any way that I can insure my car without loading.

CONFUSED
27-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Loading is part of Underwriting Policy of the insurance company. You may check with other insurer or use price comparision websites.

Expert
27-01-2010, 08:47 PM
It's common practice among all the insurance companies. I know that Iffco-Tokio does the same. Contact customer care of that insurer and ask them. If they are not ready than you can try other insurance companies.