PDA

View Full Version : New Car Insurance - From Dealer or Agent?

vishalsoni
06-02-2010, 01:48 AM
I am looking to buy a new Hyundai – i20 in March’2010. I have got quotes from three dealers in and around Delhi. I have finalised one dealer in Delhi due to close to my house and past good experience (one of my friend bought his Santro from this dealer). Now, when I enquired about car insurance, dealer provided me a quote of Rs.14500/-. Too my surprise my old agent (who do insurance of my old car) is giving less than this – Rs. 12500/-. Just wanted to know from you –
1- Do I go ahead and buy insurance from my agent for new car?
2- Or stick with my car dealer.
Please share your experience with each of the options above and suggest which one is best for me.

Manish_Kumar
06-02-2010, 02:43 AM
You can go to any other insurance company no problem at all. That may be through using your agent or directly from insurance company or using price comparing websites. My funda – “If coverage is same, why pay more?”

Krypton
06-02-2010, 03:32 AM
I have check on policybazaar.com for Hyundai - i20 Magna, (Price Rs.479900/-).Find following premium for IDV of Rs. 455905/-
1- Iffco-Tokio General Insurance = 11724
2- Bharti-AXA General Insurance = 12549
3- Reliance General Insurance = 14200
All the above premium are cheaper than your dealer's quote.

vishalsoni
06-02-2010, 01:38 PM
You can go to any other insurance company no problem at all. That may be through using your agent or directly from insurance company or using price comparing websites. My funda – “If coverage is same, why pay more?”
Going to any other insurance company would not be a problem. But what I am asking that during the claim, whether it would be easier for me, if I go with dealer.

I have check on policybazaar.com for Hyundai - i20 Magna, (Price Rs.479900/-).Find following premium for IDV of Rs. 455905/-
1- Iffco-Tokio General Insurance = 11724
2- Bharti-AXA General Insurance = 12549
3- Reliance General Insurance = 14200
All the above premium are cheaper than your dealer's quote.
Thanks Krypton! Iffco-Tokio premium is very low (saving of Rs.2776). Even lower than my agents premium (saving of Rs.776).

rohit
06-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I am looking to buy a new Hyundai – i20 in March’2010. I have got quotes from three dealers in and around Delhi. I have finalised one dealer in Delhi due to close to my house and past good experience (one of my friend bought his Santro from this dealer). Now, when I enquired about car insurance, dealer provided me a quote of Rs.14500/-. Too my surprise my old agent (who do insurance of my old car) is giving less than this – Rs. 12500/-. Just wanted to know from you –
1- Do I go ahead and buy insurance from my agent for new car?
If you are saving premium go for it. It won't be a problem. If you are thinking that in claims dealer would help you, I don't think so. For every claim the surveyor give its verdict than only the claim is being approved or disapproved by insurance company and the dealer has no role in it. And most of the companies are providing cash less claim process.

2- Or stick with my car dealer.
As discussed above no need.

dreamcatcher
22-03-2010, 03:36 PM
If you are saving premium go for it. It won't be a problem. If you are thinking that in claims dealer would help you, I don't think so. For every claim the surveyor give its verdict than only the claim is being approved or disapproved by insurance company and the dealer has no role in it. And most of the companies are providing cash less claim process.

As discussed above no need.

i also agree that u should stick to the old dealer and go ahead with it