PDA

View Full Version : how to get section 80D claim?

vishalsoni
18-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I am working with a leading MNC. My company is providing us Group health insurance cover from Bajaj Allianz General Insurance. As per the email received from the admin/HR, my employer would pay 50% premium for the health insurance of the employee + immediate dependent family members (spouse), balance 50% premium deducted from employee salary. Employee can take cover for their parents by paying extra premium. Could you please guide me how to get section 80D claim for the premium paid by me for myself, spouse and parents.

Regards,
Vishal

Taxman
19-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Just submit your form 16, which may prove useful to justify your claim. Or the payslip of that month, when the premium is deducted from your salary.

White Caps
19-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Pay Slip and Form 16, Both would serve the puropose. In addition, you can submit the Health Photo ID Card Given to you by the Insurance company or TPA. My personal experience, IT department never asked me for any additional document apart from form 16.

vishalsoni
19-02-2010, 03:44 PM
In addition, you can submit the Health Photo ID Card Given to you by the Insurance company or TPA.
Thanks for your answer. I will submit my Salary Slip and Form 16, highliting the above point. White Caps - I don't see IT dept would consider the ID card. Normally they ask for premium reciept.