PDA

View Full Version : How to check that you are fully covered in the cover provided by the agent?

Mukulz
18-02-2010, 09:57 PM
I am looking to insure my Maruti - Wagon R, which I have bought last year. Insurance renewal date is 25 March'2010. For the last one week, I am receiving many calls for renewal. Initially, I was thinking of going for the cheapest option. But after listening one of my friends claim experience, I have changed my mind. Just wondering - how to check that you are fully covered in the cover provided by the agent?

CONFUSED
19-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Don’t go with the amount only. Ask him the written quote. Check the quote document that all the cover details are present, if you can’t do this yourself, ask your insurance agent. Second always buy insurance from reliable sources.

narayan
19-02-2010, 01:55 AM
You can use price comparing websites like apnapaisa.com or policybazaar.com or online portals of the insurance company.

PolicyWala
19-02-2010, 02:53 AM
I am looking to insure my Maruti - Wagon R, which I have bought last year. Insurance renewal date is 25 March'2010. For the last one week, I am receiving many calls for renewal. Initially, I was thinking of going for the cheapest option. But after listening one of my friends claim experience, I have changed my mind. Just wondering - how to check that you are fully covered in the cover provided by the agent?
Very good question. Agents usually reduce some cover like PA cover to passengers or increase the Voluntary Access to reduce the premium. You can check this by checking the quote from the agent or the cover note/ policy.