PDA

View Full Version : Change my insurance company in the middle of policy?

Anurag_Bist
23-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Last year, I have bought Maruti A-star. I have got the car insurance free (just paid Rs. 1 for the premium) with the car from car dealer. I have made two small claims on the above policy. I had very bad claim experience with my current insurance company. It is around three more months to go for renewal, but I wanted to change my insurance company. Can I do that? If yes please let me know the procedure.

narayan
24-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Just cancel the old policy and take new policy. Before cancelling the policy the insurance company ask you to submit the policy document or cover note that you have taken another policy, so that you won't be uninsured in the mean time.

Master
24-02-2010, 01:23 AM
First Contact new insurance company and take new insurance cover -> submit new insurance policy or cover note to old insurance company with an application to cancel the old policy and refund of the premium if any -> You are done.

Anurag_Bist
24-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks Narayan and Master for your reply. I have one more query - Do the insurance company share previous insurance data among themselves?

Manish_Kumar
25-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Do the insurance company share previous insurance data among themselves?NCB certificate is one of the method of sharing data.