PDA

View Full Version : max bupa or ICICI lombard?? Need suggestions.

aakash verma
20-04-2010, 04:47 PM
i am evaluating a family floater policy from max bupa and icici lombard.

it's a heartbeat gold policy from max bupa for a 7.5 lac cover and a family floater plan from icici lombard.

my requirements: cover for me (38), my wife (32), my father (75) and my mother (69).

one benefit with max bupa is that they have no age limit, so i can get my father covered. icici covers only upto 60 years.

need suggestions.. i am looking for a hassle free experience and don't want to get into anything complicated. please advice and thanks in advance.

tigershark
20-04-2010, 11:48 PM
one benefit with max bupa is that they have no age limit, so i can get my father covered. icici covers only upto 60 years. Just checked Max BUPA and found out - Permanent exclusions: Addictive conditions and disorders; ageing and puberty; artificial life maintenance; congenital conditions; cosmetic surgery; dental/oral treatment; eyesight; experimental treatment; HIV and AIDS; hereditary conditions; non-allopathic treatment; obesity; neurological and psychiatric conditions; self-inflicted injuries; sleep disorders; speech disorders; treatment for developmental problems; treatment received outside India; un recognised physician or facility.
What left for elder people?

Lethal
21-04-2010, 02:16 AM
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance -
- For person more than 60 years upto 65 years their is a plan in ICICI "Health Advantage Plus". After that you can renew it no problem.
- Plus you would get a free health check-up coupon with every policy.
- No sub-limits on room rent, doctor fees, and hospital charges or for any disease.
- No health check-up up to the age of 55 years.

Arpandiv
23-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I would suggest Max Bupa, the benefits are way better, I think the best part is they dont have any TPAs, makes the claim process much smoother. I just bought the Max Bupa Gold Plan so my vote goes to it.

Lethal
24-04-2010, 12:00 AM
I would suggest Max Bupa, the benefits are way better, I think the best part is they dont have any TPAs, makes the claim process much smoother.
It is world over suggested to go with TPA. ICICI Lombard have their own TPA 'ICICI Lombard Health Care'. Plus you have a option to choose your TPA -
TTK Healthcare TPA Private Limited
Parekh Health Management (Pvt.) Ltd.
Medi Assist India Pvt. Ltd.
MD India Healthcare Services (TPA) (Pvt.) Ltd.
Paramount Health Services Pvt. Ltd.
E Meditek Solutions Ltd.
Family Health Plan Ltd.
Raksha TPA Pvt. Ltd.
Health India TPA Services Private Limited
Dedicated Healthcare Services (India) Private Limited
Alankit Health Care Limited
Vipul Med Corp TPA. Pvt. Ltd.
Park Mediclaim Consultants Private Ltd.
Safeway Mediclaim Services
Anmol Medicare Ltd.

Arpandiv
24-04-2010, 01:11 PM
But TPA does make things messy.. my previous experience with TPAs was not good, faced a lot of hassles for the claims.

aakash verma
26-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi folks for your advice.. i checked out with both icici lombard and max bupa.

icici has two plans.
Family floater – Persons above 60 cannot be insured under the family floater policy. Can be renewed only upto 70 on an individual basis. Max Bupa allows this.
HAP - Persons above 55 cannot be insured under the family floater policy. Can be renewed only upto 70 on an individual basis. Max bupa allows this.

Max bupa’s pre policy health checkups are based on age, bmi, sum insured and overall health and they don’t have any any submits, except a cap the room type. Which for their gold health plan is a single private AC room.

Some exclusions that are worry me personally in icici’s case are

They have a list of 2 year waiting periods for around 20 items. While Max Bupa has a list of only 11 for people above 60 years. Plus, there is no blanket 2 year waiting period for people below 60 years.

Lombard has 29 permanent exclusions.

Max bupa looks to be a better option, especially because my liabilities are high for parents.