PDA

View Full Version : Queries - Covered under two Group Health Insurance policies?

Absar
23-06-2010, 06:12 PM
I, myself and my spouse both work in MNCs in NCR, Delhi. We both are insured by Group Mediclaim Policy taken up by our company (Total Sum Insured 5 lakh = 3 lakh by my company and 2 Lakh by my spouse company). I am wondering –
1.If there is claim of 2 lakh, which company to approach first?
2.If there is claim of 4 lakh, how the claim would be distributed among both the companies?
3.Do we need to inform both insurance company that we are already covered under other Group Policies?
4.If yes, than what details we need to provide.
Please guide.

CONFUSED
24-06-2010, 01:51 AM
I, myself and my spouse both work in MNCs in NCR, Delhi. We both are insured by Group Mediclaim Policy taken up by our company (Total Sum Insured 5 lakh = 3 lakh by my company and 2 Lakh by my spouse company). I am wondering –
1.If there is claim of 2 lakh, which company to approach first?
Its upto you, you can lodge claim to any of the company. But please inform other company also about the claim.

2.If there is claim of 4 lakh, how the claim would be distributed among both the companies?
Claim would be divided among insurer among them self, normally they do on the ratio of Sum Insured.

3.Do we need to inform both insurance company that we are already covered under other Group Policies?
Its always good to inform the insurance company.

4.If yes, than what details we need to provide.
Please guide.
Simple letter explaining the claim details.

Absar
24-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks Confused!