PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you have two travel insurance policies?

shivkumar
29-10-2010, 07:34 PM
One month back, I have bought travel insurance to cover my holiday. Now my company had bought a corporate plan for me to cover for a business trip. Can I claim from any of these plans or I just stick up with corporate plan. Any comments would be highly appreciated.

CONFUSED
29-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Whenever you buy an insurance product, you need to declare if you are already having any other insurance product at that moment. I am sure your company had no idea about your travel insurance cover at the time of applying the corporate travel insurance. So either you inform both the insurance company now. Second thing the current trip is business trip and previously one, for which you have bought the travel insurance cover is for holiday, so again the old company may decline due to change in circumstances.

PolicyWala
01-11-2010, 02:19 PM
One month back, I have bought travel insurance to cover my holiday. Now my company had bought a corporate plan for me to cover for a business trip. Can I claim from any of these plans or I just stick up with corporate plan. Any comments would be highly appreciated. If it is business trip, I would stick with business plan.