PDA

View Full Version : 25 ELSS funds - streategy to manage the ELSS in better way?

Amit Kaushik
20-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Every year, I invest in new NFOs or existing ELSS funds for tax saving purpose. I have just checked and found out that I have around 25 different types of MFs, which are accumulated during the 6 years. Please suggest the streategy to manage the ELSS in better way -
1- Keep all the MFs and exit after 3 years, as and when the date comes?
2- Only buy the simmilar funds, which are performed and already in my kitty.

JindalGaurav
20-12-2010, 08:03 PM
I am not an expert, but suggest you to reduce your holding to 5-6 funds only. Too much diversification is also bad.

VarunD
20-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Every year, I invest in new NFOs or existing ELSS funds for tax saving purpose. I have just checked and found out that I have around 25 different types of MFs, which are accumulated during the 6 years. Please suggest the streategy to manage the ELSS in better way -
1- Keep all the MFs and exit after 3 years, as and when the date comes?
I would go with point 2. And also check and reduce no of funds from your portfolio, which are not performing.

PolicyWala
21-12-2010, 08:39 PM
1- Keep all the MFs and exit after 3 years, as and when the date comes.
Three year the is min holding period for any ELSS fund. Review your MFs at that time, if you are getting good return/ matching your target -> Exit. If not and have option to change the MF, do that.

Yes, Do this exercise every year, before you buy ELSS or other MFs.

CONFUSED
22-12-2010, 08:03 PM
If you diversify much, you would not get the profit. As per your post you have bought some NFOs. Please avoid that, always invest in the performing NFOs. Use MFs websites like valueresearchonline and moneycontrol for your analysis before buying any MFs.

Contractor
24-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Keep max to max 5-6 MFs. And review your investment portfolio every year.