PDA

View Full Version : Home Insurance - Equipments more than 10 years old not covered?

Romeo
23-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I am looking to take home insurance from Bajaj Allianz. They have rejected my proposal saying that "Equipments more than 10 years old not covered". I am rady to pay any loading to cover it and it's been covered under old policy with National Insurance. Can insurance company reject the proposal.

Rahul
24-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Domestic Appliances: Breakdown of any domestic appliance or equipment can hinder in the running of your day to day life. This policy covers the following:
Air conditioners; refrigerators can be covered against, accidental electrical or mechanical breakdown. The list and values of items to be covered should be indicated
Losses, which can be repaired, will be settled by paying the repair cost without applying any depreciation. For total losses, depreciation, at the rate of 10% per year up to a maximum of 50% will be applied depending on the age of the item
Items more than 10 years old will not be insured
As per there product specification they won't cover - 'Items more than 10 years old will not be insured'.

Matrix
24-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Go to another insurance company, who is ready to cover you.

bajajcare
06-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Dear Customer,

May we request you to send us your complete details such as full name, mobile no and the inconvenience you are facing on customercare.bajajallianz@gmail.com.

Regards,
Bajaj Allianz