PDA

View Full Version : Car damaged no cashless facility, what to do now?

Mahesh
20-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I had purchased Hyundai i10 Era on 27th of January 2010 and at that time Reliance Insurance agent convinced me for his company's General Insurance. It was cashless at that time and now the problem is, My car got damaged due to road accident on 18th Jan '2011. Yesterday, I went at Hyundai Show room and ask to repair of the my car. But the Hyundai showroom owner had said the Reliance Insurance company has now ended cashless facility with his showroom. But, when I purchased the said policy, at that time the cashless was present, how a company can do this. As far as I know that whenever any company make any amendment in their rules and regulations then it is effected from the current date, not for the previous customers. What should I do now?

PolicyWala
20-01-2011, 07:22 PM
You cannot do anything now. Please check if any other Hyundai dealer has tie-up with Reliance General Insurance. If not simply go to any approved Hyundai dealer and submit claim and get the claim amount later.

v.r.s.nathan
21-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Cashless facility for repairing an insured vehicle at any of the cashless garage network of an insurer. If the vehicle is serviced at a garage outside the purview of the insurer's network, the owner can claim expenses as reimbursement after submitting relevant documents. But please inform the insurer before going ahead for any repair.