PDA

View Full Version : Apollo Munich Exclusive Heath Plan or Aegon Religare Comprehensive health plan?

Altaïr
26-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Gents,

I am a 27 year old person looking for a medical policy for me & wife [25 yrs]. No Child.
I have been researching various forums and news paper [ET Welth] from last 2 month to select a family floater policy best fitted for me. I am looking for a cover of 4 Lac.
During this process, I have selected 2 policies finally - Apollo Munich Exclusive Heath Plan or Aegon Religare Comprehensive health plan.

Following are the benefits/features from both the policies. Can somebody please advise or provide any pointer which helps to me decide one policy over other? It can be anything like which company has more successful claim ratio, cashless facility, reliability, ease to deal with, premium increase rate, any other feature which you liked?

Apollo Munich Exclusive Heath Care:

http://www.apollomunichinsurance.com/exclusive-family-health-insurance.aspx

Comprehensive coverage for hospitalization
Coverage offered for Pre & Post-Hospitalization
Coverage for specific 140 day-care procedures
10% cumulative bonus for every claim-free year accumulating upto 50%
Daily cash for accompanying an insured child (For Sum Insured 3.00, 4.00, 5.00 lacs: Rs.300 per day, maximum Rs.9,000; For Sum Insured 7.50 lacs: Rs. 500 per day maximum Rs.15,000).
Daily cash for choosing shared accommodation (For Sum Insured 3.00, 4.00, 5.00 lacs: Rs.500 per day, maximum Rs. 3,000; For Sum Insured 7.50 lacs: Rs. 800 per day maximum Rs. 4,800)
Expenses covered for Organ donor.
Emergency Ambulance - Upto Rs. 2000
Daily cash allowance for accompanying an insured child.
Additional coverage for Critical Illness
Coverage for Maternity expenses [with Waiting Period of 4 Years]
Coverage for new born baby

Premium for 4 Lac with 2 Lac Critical illness rider in this policy is Rs. 7,789

Aegon Religare Comprehensive health plan

http://www.aegonreligare.com/Health_Plan.pdf

AEGON Religare Health Plan provides comprehensive
coverage guaranteed; covering all kinds of surgeries
including 240 day care treatments and 10 critical illnesses.

You get a guaranteed fixed amount of money, irrespective
of the actual hospital bill.

You get a guaranteed amount in addition to the payment
you would have received from other medical plans.

You are guaranteed a health cover up to 85 years of age,
one of the highest in the country.

You can avail of the Cashless facility (no need to pay any
money for the treatment) in more than 3,000 key hospitals
across the country.

You benefit from a guaranteed fixed premium rate for 3
years. This means even if you have a claim in year 1 or 2, the
premium will not increase.

Your benefit amount increases by 10% for every no claim
year (the maximum increase will be capped at 50%).

You can upgrade to higher level of coverage and
include additional family members (wife & children) at
any point of time during the policy duration.
24 hours hospitalisation is not required for most of
the surgeries.

If you are under the age of 50 and in good health, no medicals
are required for sum assured upto Rs.3,00,000.

I liked the Aegon Religare plan, but I am bit skeptical about Religare's reputation and their promises.

Rahul
26-01-2011, 07:08 PM
I have read the links provided by you above and found out some points about the products -
Apollo Munich - Easy Health Exclusive

Sum Insured Options - 3, 4, 5 lacs
Coverage offered for Pre & Post-Hospitalization
Expenses covered for Organ donor.
Emergency Ambulance - Upto Rs. 2000
Coverage for Maternity expenses with Waiting Period of 4 Years
Coverage for new born baby
Health Checkup - Upto 1% of Sum Insured per Policy subject to a Maximum Rs. 5,000 per Insured Person, only once at the end of a block of every continuous three claim free years.

Aegon Religare Health Plan
Maximum Limit - 3 lacs
Not Covered -
1- Pregnancy, childbirth or their complications, Abortion, Medical Termination of Pregnancy, Infertility or sex change operation
2- Organ donation (donor costs

Aegon Religare Health Plan is the plan where a lump sum is paid when you are ill with certain disease like Critical Illness Plan. Apollo Munich is a comprehensive plan. I would recommend to go with Apollo Munich and take an addon rider of Critical Illness.

Rahul
26-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Claim Data Check here -
Apollo Munich
http://www.apollomunichinsurance.com/Downloads/IRDA-PUBLIC-Disclosure-Sep-10.pdf
Aegon Religare
http://www.aegonreligare.com/cms-admin/upload_data/annual_report/Financials_IRDA%20_%20PD_Sep-10.pdf

Altaïr
26-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Rahul,

Thanks for your time and reply to the thread.

Though Aegon religare doesn't cover Pregnancy and Organ donation (donor costs), but Apollo Munich also also doesn't cover Pregnancy immediately [ it has a waiting period of 4 years]. Also, at my native place, I don't think Maternity expense cost too much.

Not sure if Organ donation (donor costs) is a point with much weightage.

At the other hand, Aegon religare has some intersting offering:

> Guaranteed fixed premium rate for 3 years. This means even if you have a claim in year 1 or 2, thepremium will not increase.
> You get a guaranteed fixed amount of money, irrespective of the actual hospital bill.
comprehensive.
> Coverage guaranteed; covering all kinds of surgeries including 240 day care treatments and 10 critical illnesses.
> Photocopies of hospital bills are accepted.

But, the critical illness cover in Aegon Religare is very less [50K] as comapared to Apollo Munich CI rider.

What do you suggest?

Amit Sood
27-01-2011, 09:41 AM
I have taken the Easy Health Policy of Apollo Munich almost 2 years ago. I would like to share some points of my policy.

First of all, naturally their expertise and relation to the Apollo Group of Hospitals cannot be denied.
Another point that differentiates them is that they have lifelong renewal. You will not have to worry about your health costs for the rest of your life.
Thirdly, they have no sublimits on room rent when hospitalised.

You seem to be worried about the increase in premium. The premium will not increase when you claim. It will only increase when you enter the next age band, which I think is 36 years and above.
When it comes to critical illness cover, 50k is far from enough, more will be required.
You have said that Religare will give a fixed amount whatever your hospital bills. But what if the bills are more than that amount?

I am very happy with my policy from Apollo Munich, and I claimed for my wife 4 months back. It was a smooth process. I took cashless hospitalisation.

I would encourage you to go with Apollo Munich. It has a good reputation too, it gives what it promises.

Rgds,
Amit

v.r.s.nathan
27-01-2011, 06:45 PM
> Guaranteed fixed premium rate for 3 years. This means even if you have a claim in year 1 or 2, thepremium will not increase.
Look for long term, you need health insurance most after 45+ year, because of age, chances of getting disease more!

> You get a guaranteed fixed amount of money, irrespective of the actual hospital bill.
comprehensive.
As said by Rahul its like other Critical Illness Policy, you will get lump sum value, but what about pre and post hospitalization changes, which you will get Apollo Munich Policy.

> Coverage guaranteed; covering all kinds of surgeries including 240 day care treatments and 10 critical illnesses.
Plus Point.

> Photocopies of hospital bills are accepted.
In most cases cash less is available for you won't even required photocopy.

This article from ET also help you in deciding -
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/personal-finance/insurance/analysis/how-to-choose-the-right-health-plan/articleshow/7364631.cms

I have picked below points, helpful for you -

General insurers
General insurance companies offer indemnity policies or reimbursement health plans Mediclaim has to be renewed on an annual basis. The company can increase the premium at renewal Look for the clause on sub-limits. The most common sub-limits are room rents, doctors’ fees and diagnostics Individuals from a small town should go for a cover of 2-3 lakh, and in metros up to 5 lakh.

Life insurers
Defined benefit plans, mostly offered by by life insurers, pay a lump sum on the diagnosis of any of the named critical illnesses listed in the policy document Insurers usually do not cover the specified critical illnesses if they are diagnosed within 90 days from the effective date of the policy Premiums are usually revised at renewal, which is usually three years or more If the company wants to increase the premium within three years, the insurer has to seek Irda’s approval

Rahul
27-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks Amit and V.R.S. Nathan for your reply!
Nice article shared by you Nathan. Hope will clarify all doubt of - Altair.