PDA

View Full Version : PF transfer or withdraw – Worked in an IT MNC for 4 months?

ajai
20-03-2011, 07:11 PM
I had worked with an IT MNC for 4 months. They have deducted around Rs. 6700.00 as a PF amount during that period. I had left that organization without completing the standard notice period. In the new organisation, I have opened another PF account. I have few queries –
1. Can I transfer my old PF amount to new PF amount as I have worked only for 4 months there and not served notice period?
2. If yes; then what is the procedure to withdraw the amount or transfer the amount from old PF account to my new existing PF account?

tigershark
21-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Yes, you can no problem.
Please check the complete procedure here in this article - http://www.policywala.com/content.php/200-How-to-transfer-EPF-to-new-employer

ajai
23-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Is it possible to withdraw the PF amount if the person directly approach to the PF office without the consent of previous employer?

Rahul
24-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Is it possible to withdraw the PF amount if the person directly approach to the PF office without the consent of previous employer?
No, Only in case the past employer is unavailable.
In such cases the employee has to submit an identity proof (Official government identity cards such as a PAN card, voters’ identity card, passport, ration card or an Employees’ State Insurance Corporation identity card are acceptable) and a proof of residence(For address proof, a copy of your electricity, water or landline phone bill or a driving licence would suffice). An attestation will be done by the bank manager (the bank account where your PF savings will be credited).

Sumant
14-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Similar case has had happened to one of my friend, he had resigned from his company without completing his notice period. Because management was insisting to retain him and not relieving him at any cost (normally happens in IT companies). But later his resignation letter accepted by the employer.

tigershark
26-04-2011, 08:08 PM
The PF can be withdrawn even if you have worked with a company for few days, however the pension amount (541 or 8.33% of basic whichever is lower) can only be withdrawn after staying with the company for 6 months or more. I suggest you to get the PF amount transferred into new account, by this you will not lose your contribution towards pension.

dominate
27-04-2011, 12:12 AM
The rules is that if anyone worked with the company for more than 6 months then you can withdraw PF (with form 19) and pension (with form 10c).
If you worked for less than 6 months then you are not eligible to withdraw your pension amount so you just submit form 19 for PF withdrawal.
You can submit the above forms to your recent employer or if your employer no more exists, then you can submit above form directly to PF office by getting it attested from any government officer.

White Caps
27-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes! definitely you can withdraw the PF amt. I suggest you to withdraw PF amount, instead of transferring in present company.

dominate
28-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Yes! definitely you can withdraw the PF amt. I suggest you to withdraw PF amount, instead of transferring in present company.Any specific reason for your suggestion to withdraw PF amount?

White Caps
28-05-2011, 08:02 PM
If you withdraw and put that money in equity mutual fund, you will earn more money than in PF account.