PDA

View Full Version : What extra information insurance company need for pregnant wife travel insurance?

Raja
16-04-2011, 01:40 PM
I am and my wife are looking to buy a travel insurance for my holiday in Amsterdam for four days from 1st May’2011 to 5th May’2011. I have a small query – My wife will be 27 week pregnant at the time of taking the flight on 1st may’2011 to Amsterdam. So -
1- Is there any specific information do insurance company require on this beforehand (means at the time of applying for insurance)?
2- Do she needs to take doctor’s letter before flight?

tigershark
16-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Always declare all the medical conditions you have at the time of applying for any insurance. About doctor's letter, I don't know. Please ask concern insurance company.

Raja
17-04-2011, 05:14 PM
As per airlines website -

All airlines make up their own rules and regulations regarding pregnant women. Some do not restrict travel at all, no matter what stage of pregnancy a women is in, and others start to restrict at 7 months, although the majority restrict around 36 weeks.
While traveling I advise you to keep your medical records, and the name and number of your doctor. You should also get the name and number of a doctor where you will be staying/visiting in case an emergency comes up.

tigershark
20-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Please check the policy wording of the policy -
Exclusions - What it does not cover?
1. Pregnancy, childbirth and any consequences thereof unless the medical assistance provided abroad involves unforeseen emergency measures to save the Insured's or the child's life in the event of acute complications, provided that the Insured has not completed the age of 38 years and 30th week of the pregnancy is not yet completed.
2. Medical treatment of typical symptoms suffered during pregnancy and their consequences, including changes in other chronic conditions as a result of pregnancy.
3. Any medical check-ups during pregnancy or treatment of the pregnancy
4. Any claim arising out of an accident related to pregnancy or childbirth, venereal disease or infirmity.

Source – ICICI Lombard’s and Royal Sundaram’s Travel Insurance Policy Wording; check here - https://www.royalsundaram.in/DTC/pdf/Travel-Shield-Online.pdf