PDA

View Full Version : Can the home loan insurance be substituted by the Whole life insurance?

sanjaysingh
16-04-2011, 06:44 PM
I feel cheated by my insurance agent into buying 2 Whole life policies totalling a premium of Rs.1 lac per year. The first year premium I had paid last year in May, 2010.
I have 2 questions:
1) How can I get out of this. Is it best after 1 year, 3 years or 5 years?
2) I have recently taken a huge home loan and the insurance on the home loan amount comes to about Rs.3.5 lacs. Can the home loan insurance be substituted by the Whole life insurance?
Any replies will be much appreciated. Thanks.

CA_Amit
17-04-2011, 01:54 PM
I feel cheated by my insurance agent into buying 2 Whole life policies totalling a premium of Rs.1 lac per year. The first year premium I had paid last year in May, 2010.
I have 2 questions:
1) How can I get out of this. Is it best after 1 year, 3 years or 5 years?
You can getout any time(3 and 5 years are for ULIPs, but just check the surrender value (if any, read policy wording for this). Also take term insurance before surrendering any life insurance policy.

2) I have recently taken a huge home loan and the insurance on the home loan amount comes to about Rs.3.5 lacs. Can the home loan insurance be substituted by the Whole life insurance?
Any replies will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Yes, you can.
3.5 lacs is premium?

sanjaysingh
17-04-2011, 09:12 PM
You can getout any time(3 and 5 years are for ULIPs, but just check the surrender value (if any, read policy wording for this). Also take term insurance before surrendering any life insurance policy.

Yes, you can.
3.5 lacs is premium?

Many thanks for the answer. Yes Rs.3.5 lacs premium (total) on a home loan of Rs.1 Cr for 15 years. If I donot take this loan protection insurance at least I will feel a little compensated by the Whole life insurance...I hope I am doing right...otherwise I was thinking of letting the Whole life policy lapse from this year onwards...