PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance Expired four month back - What to do now?

Rajat Gupta
11-05-2011, 12:26 AM
I have missed my car insurance renewal date and now my car had passed 4 months without insurance. To my surprise, I haven't received renewal notice. By God grace nothing happen to my car till today.
What to do now - to insure my car?
Do I need to insure my car with previous insurer or can I change it?

Madhura
12-05-2011, 01:35 AM
I have missed my car insurance renewal date and now my car had passed 4 months without insurance. To my surprise, I haven't received renewal notice. By God grace nothing happen to my car till today.
It's not mandatory for insurance company to send you renewal notice.

What to do now - to insure my car?
Call any insurer.

Do I need to insure my car with previous insurer or can I change it?
You can insure with any insurer. But you won't get no claim bonus as it's already 4 months break in insurance.

Rahul
12-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Call any insurer of your choice, they will send a person for inspection and then insure your vehicle.

tigershark
12-05-2011, 03:58 PM
You can use Reliance Retail Insurance services for renewing your vehicle. Just take your vehicle in their retail outlet and they will do the insurance then and there. Carry your RC, insurance paper and of course cheque.

Rajat Gupta
13-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Call any insurer of your choice, they will send a person for inspection and then insure your vehicle.
What is this inspection all about?

Madhura
13-05-2011, 11:01 AM
What is this inspection all about?
Because your car insurance is expired, so the insurer do the inspection to check whether the car is already damaged and the proposer wants to insure and take false claim. And checking the condition of the car before insuring it for underwriting. There is no charges for the proposer for inspection.

Rajat Gupta
18-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Because your car insurance is expired, so the insurer do the inspection to check whether the car is already damaged and the proposer wants to insure and take false claim. And checking the condition of the car before insuring it for underwriting. There is no charges for the proposer for inspection.
Thanks Madhura for the explanation! But previously they used to come and take the tracing of the Engine/ Chasis no. by pencil. Do I need to pay for this inspection?

>take
18-05-2011, 04:37 PM
It's free of cost to the customer. Tracing of Chasis No. by pencil was old method and was not fool proof.