PDA

View Full Version : How much travel insurance sum insured would be good for me?

Abbas
13-06-2011, 04:21 PM
I am looking to go to USA for 15 days, wondering how much travel insurance sum insured would be good for me? Is there any standard parameter like we have HLV in life insurance policies?

PolicyWala
13-06-2011, 05:38 PM
There is no such parameter like HLV. It all depends on following factors
1- Age of the proposer
2- Location – where the proposer is planning to go (e.g. In US and Canada the cost of health is more so taking high sum insured policy makes sense)
3- Duration of trip (single trip or annual trip – If you make two-three small trip buying annual trip policy make more sense)

Abbas
13-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks for pointing this out but please also guide if plans without medical check up are good or without medical checkups one?

PolicyWala
14-06-2011, 01:47 AM
Thanks for pointing this out but please also guide if plans without medical check up are good or without medical checkups one?
Does it make any change in the travel insurance policy coverage? Medical Checkups are standard underwriting procedures. If you have enough time then go with medical tests.

Abbas
15-06-2011, 03:37 PM
If in the medical tests they found any problem insurance companies exclude that from the policy as pre-existing.

White Caps
16-06-2011, 08:16 PM
If in the medical tests they found any problem insurance companies exclude that from the policy as pre-existing.Pre-existing diseases is never covered, if you won't declare it and at the time of claim if the insurance company got to know this then they will also reject your claim. So better declare all the Pre-existing diseases on proposal form before buying any insurance policy.