PDA

View Full Version : What will be the procedure for the car insurance claim, if my car is registered in another state?

Aakash
22-06-2011, 02:54 PM
I am presently living in Delhi and I have bought my car from a Maruti Car dealer in Ghaziabad. So the registration no is from Ghaziabad. I have a query that If I am travelling to Jaipur and my car is met with an accident, what will be the procedure for the claim? Do I need to come back to Ghaziabad and register the claim there? What If my car is not in a condition of moving to Ghaziabad?

Minal
22-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Insurance rules are same all over India. You need to call customer care of the insurance company, you are insured with, when you met with accident and take the vehicle to the nearest garage.

Aakash
22-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks Minal for your reply!

Rahul
23-06-2011, 02:01 AM
If I am travelling to Jaipur and my car is met with an accident, what will be the procedure for the claim?
Check here claim procedure -
http://www.policywala.com/content.php/207-8-steps-to-file-a-motor-insurance-claim

Do I need to come back to Ghaziabad and register the claim there? What If my car is not in a condition of moving to Ghaziabad?
Take it to nearest car dealer.