PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance renewed from Future Generali, later on cancelled my policy after car inspection!

NewsDesk
25-06-2011, 12:52 AM
I got my car insurance renewed from Future Generali. After receiving the cover note, I had got an intimation that there has been a claim in the past 1 year and my NCB will be reversed and I need to pay equivalent amount - to which I said OK. They also then asked for an inspection of the vehicle and after inspection informed me that my car is not for insurance and that they will cancel my policy.
However they now insist on charging full years Third Party inusrance premium of about Rs 1000, it has been just 20 days that I gave them my premium and now getting this policy cancelled.
Please let me know if as per IRDA do they have this authority of charging a whole year's third party premium if the insuarnce is getting cancelled with in a month

Thanks
Pallav Johri

Received this query by email

White Caps
25-06-2011, 11:26 AM
You first give your grievance to the insurance company in writing and if you won't get any response in 15 days, then contact IRDA. Always make written complaints to any insurer, so that you have something to take it later on.

Minal
25-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I got my car insurance renewed from Future Generali. After receiving the cover note, I had got an intimation that there has been a claim in the past 1 year and my NCB will be reversed and I need to pay equivalent amount - to which I said OK. They also then asked for an inspection of the vehicle and after inspection informed me that my car is not for insurance and that they will cancel my policy.
However they now insist on charging full years Third Party inusrance premium of about Rs 1000, it has been just 20 days that I gave them my premium and now getting this policy cancelled.
Please let me know if as per IRDA do they have this authority of charging a whole year's third party premium if the insuarnce is getting cancelled with in a month

Thanks
Pallav Johri

Received this query by email
What is the current status of your insurance? Had you got third party insurance certificate from Future Generali?
They (insurance company) are asking for mandatory third party insurance because without this you cannot drive your car on road and it is also duty of the insurance company to provide you third party cover.