PDA

View Full Version : Two home insurance policies - one bought by society and second one myself

Pankaj
01-07-2011, 07:50 PM
I am living in a society flat. I hold two home insurance policies - one bought by society and second one myself. Both are from m two different insurance companies (ICICI Lombard and Bajaj Allianz, respectively).
1- Which one to keep and which one to cancel, please advice?
2- Whom should I call in claim?

mohan
02-07-2011, 01:00 AM
First check the coverage available under both the plans and then decide. You can only cancel your policy because the society policy will be for all the flats.

Rahul
02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I am living in a society flat. I hold two home insurance policies - one bought by society and second one myself. Both are from m two different insurance companies (ICICI Lombard and Bajaj Allianz, respectively).
1- Which one to keep and which one to cancel, please advice?
First check the coverage available to the society policy, mostly society policy only have cover of Fire and Special Peril Policy with earth quake rider.
Second - You cannot cancel society policy.

2- Whom should I call in claim?
You can call both the insurer.

Pankaj
04-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks Mohan and Rahul for answering my queries!
I had checked and found out that Society coverage is basis Fire and EQ only. My home insurance policy is covering the above two plus has addon like Electronic Equipment, PA, Public Liability etc coverage.

You can call both the insurer. Rahul - So this means that I can claim from both the insurance companies for same loss.

>take
05-07-2011, 06:54 PM
So this means that I can claim from both the insurance companies for same loss.No. If you have two insurance policy covering one risk then technically both insurers share the same liability, meaning 50% each.