PDA

View Full Version : Can insurance company change ECS Facility, without informing?

GoyalAbhey
08-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I had bought a life insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance and the premium mode is monthly ECS. The ECS date for the LI Premium is 4th of every month, but from last two months it is debited from my account on 2nd. I had received this notification two days back and it says that "they may take money from account four to five days in advance".
1- Can they do this?
2- How to change this?

>take
08-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I don't see any big change here from 4th to 2nd and secondly they have send you the notification, so all right to me. But if you want it to change back then inform the customer care.

GoyalAbhey
08-07-2011, 06:00 PM
The reason is that I have recieved the notification very late, even after the first two ECS has been taken. This time due to lack of funds, I had defaulted the ECS, so now it's also impacting my credit history.

Master
08-07-2011, 06:08 PM
The reason is that I have recieved the notification very late, even after the first two ECS has been taken. This time due to lack of funds, I had defaulted the ECS, so now it's also impacting my credit history.
Please check with customer care of the insurance company, only they will be able to help you out in this case.