PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance total loss claim - Help needed ASAP

Abhishek.S
11-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I have been recomended to go for Total loss for my 2008 model Maruti suzuki Swift LDi whose IDV is only 2,77,000, which is much lesser than the market value. The showroom peple surveyed and estimated 3.25 lakhs as repair cost which is utter non sense as the vehicle is not fully damaged and there is no harm to engine. I actually hit the rear wheel of the tractor. So there is not much damage. And the insurance4 surveyor recomended to go for Total loss . Do i have to Surrender my Rc book to them?If so, The vehicle is under hypothication. What should be done?

Madhura
11-07-2011, 05:38 PM
whose IDV is only 2,77,000, which is much lesser than the market value.
Why do you think so?

The showroom peple surveyed and estimated 3.25 lakhs as repair cost which is utter non sense as the vehicle is not fully damaged and there is no harm to engine. I actually hit the rear wheel of the tractor. So there is not much damage.
What is the point of view of official surveyor of insurance company?

And the insurance4 surveyor recomended to go for Total loss . Do i have to Surrender my Rc book to them?If so, The vehicle is under hypothication. What should be done?
You need to give RC, so that they take a photocopy of it. No need to surrender.
If your vehicle is under hypothication, inform the bank (under whos name it is hypothicated) about the accident.

Minal
12-07-2011, 12:10 AM
I have been recomended to go for Total loss for my 2008 model Maruti suzuki Swift LDi whose IDV is only 2,77,000, which is much lesser than the market value. The showroom peple surveyed and estimated 3.25 lakhs as repair cost which is utter non sense as the vehicle is not fully damaged and there is no harm to engine.
A car is considered a total loss if it cannot be repaired safely or is not economically practical. And your car fits in it completely, why you are denying it.

Lethal
12-07-2011, 03:31 PM
What is the relavance of IDV in claim? You had to raise it at the time of insuring your vehicle.