PDA

View Full Version : Online car insurance policy from HDFC Ergo - Waiting for hard copy of policy

Ajeet
05-08-2011, 02:32 PM
I had bought a car insurance policy from HDFC Ergo online. I had immediately received a soft copy and all details on the policy were correct. But I am still waiting for hard copy. They did not send a hard copy. When I emailed them to send me the hard copy of the above car policy, they (customer care of HDFC Ergo) sent me a car policy with wrong manufacturer name and model. I again called them and asked to correct the mistake. Still I am waiting for the same. I am still driving the car with the printed soft copy.

Madhura
05-08-2011, 06:18 PM
The online softcopy of the policy will work everywhere no need to worry on that. Still if you want hard copy from the company, please write to the customer care of HDFC Ergo - (Email – care@hdfcergo.com).

Ajeet
10-08-2011, 05:40 PM
The online softcopy of the policy will work everywhere no need to worry on that. Still if you want hard copy from the company, please write to the customer care of HDFC Ergo - (Email – care@hdfcergo.com).Thanks Madhura! But there is no insurance stamp on the online policy. Will still it work?

Vivek
12-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks Madhura! But there is no insurance stamp on the online policy. Will still it work?
The insurer would deface the insurance stamp on the basis of the online policies issued by them and inform the same to IRDA.
Read Here - Link (http://www.policywala.com/forum/showthread.php/798-Online-policy-no-insurance-stamp-on-the-policy)