PDA

View Full Version : SWP way to make payments to Term Insurance Policy Annually.

msgforsunil
17-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi all,

I am having a term insurance policy, wherein I need to pay premium of approx 9K per annum. However, I am planning to go for Systematic Withdrawal plan(SWP) option with monthly withdrawal, such that the monthly withdrawal will accumulate approximately little more than the premium per annum and the policy amount would be debited from my bank account using ECS way. Thus, in total, I need not worry about making payment toward term insurance policy annually.

And to add on, I am planning to accumulate the amount(approx 1L) in the following way.
1. Invest 30K in bulk towards MF(company X)
2. Accumulate 35K using MIP’s in 2 different companies (company Y and company Z).

Once I have accumulated 1L, then move the funds to MF SWP’s to get the earnings monthly.

Please let me know your thoughts(pro’s and cons). Curious to know, is there is any other better option? Note, initially, I thought of making an FD such that the interest earned out of FD annually would directly be fed to the policy. However, thinking, that such an option might not yield better return like SWP way.

I hope, I am clear!

Thanks in advance!
Sunil Kumar

Vivek
17-08-2011, 05:43 PM
SWPs enable an investor in a mutual fund to withdraw amounts periodically from the investments made in a scheme.
An investor has to register for an SWP with the mutual fund, indicating the scheme and the period of the SWP.
SWP has to be registered with a specific date, amount and frequency. A retired investor can seek monthly withdrawal from his folio, over the next year.
The amount being withdrawn has to be indicated upfront. It can be a fixed amount, or limited to the extent of appreciation in the value of the investment.
SWPs for fixed amount may result in paying out the capital invested. SWP for appreciation amount will vary in value depending on how much appreciation is available.
SWP is redemption from a scheme, so tax provisions apply accordingly. SWP is tax efficient for an investor who likes to save on dividend distribution tax.

Source - economictimes.com (http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-06-27/news/29709160_1_swp-systematic-withdrawal-plan-smart-things)

Vivek
17-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Your suggestion is excellent, but I would go with one change, adding third option of FD.
1. Invest 30K in bulk towards MF
2. Accumulate 35K using MIP’s
3. Accumulate 35K using FD’s (due to safety)

msgforsunil
17-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks Vivek for your suggestion.

Master
18-08-2011, 02:27 PM
I would suggest instead of going for lumpsum investment go for SIP mode. And withdraw also in SIP or SWP mode.

msgforsunil
18-08-2011, 03:16 PM
I thought withdrawal can be done in SWP mode. Do we have SIP mode of withdrawal as well? Please share more details.

NewsDesk
18-08-2011, 03:21 PM
I thought withdrawal can be done in SWP mode. Do we have SIP mode of withdrawal as well? Please share more details.SWP is the only option for systematic withdrawal.
SIP - Systematic Investment Plan for investment
SWP - Systematic withdrawal plan for withdrawal