PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Advice on Irda Surveyor

SANTOSH
22-08-2011, 06:35 PM
I had completed Associateship exam. of Insurance Institute of India. My basic qualification is PG in I.S.W.

I want to become an Irda Surveyor.

the dept. in insurance are following:-

1. Motor
2. Misc.
3. Fire
4. Engineering
5. Lop
6. Marine

I can take which of the above dept. please help me.

yours'
Santosh

Vivek
23-08-2011, 01:41 PM
It will be your choice end of the day! Could you please share which branch of the above you wanted to take and reason for selecting the same.

Madhura
23-08-2011, 07:42 PM
On IRDA website there is no limitation that which specialization you cann't take, so you can choose your favorite subject.
As per IRDA -
An applicant seeking a licence to act as a surveyor and loss assessor shall undergo a period of practical training of not less than twelve months with a surveyor and loss assessor as specified below;
1- The surveyor under whom an applicant will be trained shall belong to category A or category B as classified by the Authority while granting a licence;
2- The trainee shall maintain a record of training received during the period and shall get it certified by the surveyor and loss assessor under whom he has trained and the certificate shall be attached to the application for seeking grant of a licence under regulation 3;
3- The licence to be granted to an applicant to act as a surveyor and loss assessor shall be in that particular area for which he has been trained;
4- If a surveyor and loss assessor already licensed by the Authority seeks to obtain a similar licence for acting as a surveyor in a category other than for which he is licensed, he shall undergo a period of training not less than six months under a surveyor and loss assessor holding either Category A or Category B licence issued by the Authority to act in that particular area.

The Authority may also prescribe the passing by an applicant of an examination on the successful completion of the training prescribed above for the grant of a licence under Regulation 3. The examination may be conducted either by the Authority itself or by an institution authorised by it in this behalf.