PDA

View Full Version : How to get KYC my mail?

gopinathpc
19-09-2011, 03:32 AM
I have a few of my friends who are outside India. They have their PAN cards.
What's the rpocedure for them to get KYC in order to invest in Mutual Funds?

Manish_Kumar
19-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Download KYC Form from CDSL Website (http://www.cvlindia.com/downloads01.html)
The same (KYC form) duly completed along with certified true copy of the passport, a certified true copy of the overseas address and Permanent address can be submitted at the PoS or mailed to your representative or distributor who can complete the KYC formalities for you.

gopinathpc
21-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Do you know how long does it typically take to get the KYC?

VarunD
21-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Do you know how long does it typically take to get the KYC?
On submission of the KYC form along with the required documents, you will receive acknowledgement letter for submission of KYC form. If you want to invest in MFs, you need to submit KYC acknowledge letter with the MF application. It will take 30 days for the verification process to be completed. After verification of the KYC application form and accompanying documents, investors will receive a letter certifying their KYC compliance.

For KYC, NRI customers will have to submit valid overseas address proof, they accept NRE account statement attested by bank manager as valid overseas address proof. Otherwise you have to submit a document from overseas, attested by some authorized person in overseas(overseas bank manager, solicitor etc).

Manish_Kumar
21-09-2011, 04:29 PM
You just submit your KYC application and then use acknowledge letter of KYC for MF investment. No need for wait for KYC Verification Certificate.