PDA

View Full Version : Buying another health Insurance - how I will make the claim from two companies?

Sandeep
17-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I am already insured with my company under group health insurance scheme. Because the coverage is less and I am also looking to change the organisation, I am planning to buy another health insurance policy. I have a query - In case of two health policies from two different insurance companies, how I will make the claim?

VarunD
18-10-2011, 02:57 PM
You can submit the claim to any insurance company. If the Sum Insured of any company exhausted than the remaining part, you can claim from the another policy. If cover from one company 1 lac and cover from another company also 1 lac. If there is a claim of 80,000, then you can claim from any company and just inform another company about the claim. If claim is 1,20,000 then take 1,00,000 from one company and remaining 20,000 from another company.

Sandeep
18-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks VarunD for answering my query!
I have couple of more queries on it -
1- So the duplicate copies of bills will be accepted by the insurer, in case we have to claim from both ?
2- Will I get NCB if I won't claim from one insurer?

PolicyWala
19-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks VarunD for answering my query!
I have couple of more queries on it -
1- So the duplicate copies of bills will be accepted by the insurer, in case we have to claim from both?
Yes, they do. They also check from the other insurer if they need to verify the bills.

2- Will I get NCB if I won't claim from one insurer?
Yes.