PDA

View Full Version : how does domestic travel isurance help in case of flight cancellation due to bad weather?

irda
06-01-2012, 06:18 PM
My flight got cancelled due to bad weather and had to opt for full refund from the airline as all the flights were cancelled on that day. I had opted for ICICI Lombard travel insurance in which flight cancellation due to bad weather, fog was also included.
My query is what happens to the hotel bookings I had made in which the hotel terms and condition stated 100% retention of advance in case of cancellation/ no show. Do I get the claim on that or no?
Also do I get to claim any amount for the harassment caused due to the same?
Please help finding some direction as the CC at ICICI lombard do not share any info regarding the same.

Manish_Kumar
06-01-2012, 08:17 PM
My flight got cancelled due to bad weather and had to opt for full refund from the airline as all the flights were cancelled on that day. I had opted for ICICI Lombard travel insurance in which flight cancellation due to bad weather, fog was also included.
My query is what happens to the hotel bookings I had made in which the hotel terms and condition stated 100% retention of advance in case of cancellation/ no show. Do I get the claim on that or no?.
Hotel Bookings Cancellations are not covered under travel insurance.

Also do I get to claim any amount for the harassment caused due to the same?
Please help finding some direction as the CC at ICICI lombard do not share any info regarding the same.
Any type of harassments charges are also not covered under travel insurance.

irda
06-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Then what are the other heads under which one could get relief.......please elaborate......tx in advance

Aman
07-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Then what are the other heads under which one could get relief.......please elaborate......tx in advanceYou need to check hotel booking terms and conditions for that.

irda
07-01-2012, 06:25 PM
The hotel bookings are non refundable due to high season Aman.

I was asking if there are some other heads under which I could get some relief.