PDA

View Full Version : Second hand car : Two Insurance Policies - Claim from which company Bajaj Allianz and Reliance?

Manish_2012
08-02-2012, 02:56 PM
I have bought a second hand car from my relative and bought a car insurance from Bajaj Allianz. 5 days back the car was met with an accident. Yesterday when I was checking the papers of the car, found out that the car is already has insurance from Reliance General Insurance Co.. So now the car has two insurance from Bajaj Allianz and Reliance. What should I do now? Claim from which company Bajaj Allianz and Reliance?

Manish_Kumar
08-02-2012, 09:51 PM
If you have more than one motor insurance policy, the claim would be equally divided by Bajaj Allianz & Reliance. If the insurance Sum Insured is not equal, each one (insurer) will be liable to pay only up to its rateable proportion of the loss or damage.

Manish_2012
09-02-2012, 07:40 PM
If you have more than one motor insurance policy, the claim would be equally divided by Bajaj Allianz & Reliance. If the insurance Sum Insured is not equal, each one (insurer) will be liable to pay only up to its rateable proportion of the loss or damage.But the old policy is not in my name but provides coverage to vehicle (registration no and engine no etc same)?
Can I cancel the old policy?

>take
10-02-2012, 01:59 AM
You can cancel old policy and make a claim on the policy, you are holding in your name.