PDA

View Full Version : Best policy for Children Education

jayangshah
03-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Dear Seniors,

i have a daughter of 1 year. I want to invest Rs.20000/- per annum for 18 years to take a good children education policy.

I want to know which is the best policy for children education.

Kindly share your knowledge and give your valuable feedback so that i can take right decision....

REGARDS,
JAYANG

>take
03-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Avoid putting your money in any Child Insurance Policy, none of them give you good return. Better buy a term Insurance Plan for yourself and invest remaining amount in Mutual Fund via SIP.

ReVoLuTiOn
03-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Avoid putting your money in any Child Insurance Policy, none of them give you good return. Better buy a term Insurance Plan for yourself and invest remaining amount in Mutual Fund via SIP.I am not agree with you >take. ULIP plans offer better coverage and returns in long run. It offer benefits in case -
1. Accidental Death Benefit (ADB) - Lump sum benefit paid on accidental death
2. Permanent Disability Benefit (PDB) - Installments paid on becoming disabled
3. Critical Illness Benefit (CIB) - Lump sum benefit paid on diagnosis of a critical illness
These are not there in term insurance.

Plus if your wife don't know where to invest in case you are not there, who the corpus for child will generate. Most of the child plans are for 15 years plus. And give you returns when you need it for the education of child. But always select for low changes ULIP plans.

>take
03-03-2012, 06:00 PM
1. Accidental Death Benefit (ADB) - Lump sum benefit paid on accidental death
2. Permanent Disability Benefit (PDB) - Installments paid on becoming disabled
3. Critical Illness Benefit (CIB) - Lump sum benefit paid on diagnosis of a critical illness
All these addons are available on term insurance policy.

ReVoLuTiOn
04-03-2012, 02:13 PM
What about other points raise above like - management of funds?

>take
05-03-2012, 02:23 PM
What about other points raise above like - management of funds?
What I had said is that invest in MFs, where the MF Managers will invest on your behalf. No need to manage yourself.

jayangshah
05-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Thank u very much for your valuable suggestions.

Madhura
06-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Dear Seniors,

i have a daughter of 1 year. I want to invest Rs.20000/- per annum for 18 years to take a good children education policy.

I want to know which is the best policy for children education.

Kindly share your knowledge and give your valuable feedback so that i can take right decision....

REGARDS,
JAYANG
You can opt for following child plans -
1. HDFC SLIC Young Star Super
2. ICICI Prudential Smart Kid New Unit Linked RP
3. Birla Sunlife Children’s Dream Plan

Manish_Kumar
07-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Why should we invest in mutual funds? We can directly invest in stocks.
Why should we invest in stocks? We can start our own company and raise money.
Why should we have bank deposits at 8.5%? We can lend to home borrowers directly at 11%.

Like every coin has two sides, so does every product. Life does not always work on 2+2=4 arithmetic

jayangshah
24-03-2012, 12:25 PM
please advise me that i have a one years old daughter and I need 20 lacs of money at time her will be complete of 18 years, for that what type of insurance are available and what is the premium per annum? i can pay a premium of Rs. 22000/- p.a.
one of my relative is a lic agent suggest Lic Jeevan Ankur... Shall i go with Jeevan Ankur...???

>take
24-03-2012, 06:42 PM
What is the return LIC Jeevan Ankur will give you?
If you invest 22000/ per year for 18 years at the rate of 10%, you will get 10,03,181. Which is half of your requirement.

NewsDesk
25-03-2012, 12:14 AM
please advise me that i have a one years old daughter and I need 20 lacs of money at time her will be complete of 18 years, for that what type of insurance are available and what is the premium per annum? i can pay a premium of Rs. 22000/- p.a.
one of my relative is a lic agent suggest Lic Jeevan Ankur... Shall i go with Jeevan Ankur...???

LIC Jeevan Ankur – Returns are just 1.53% [read complete article - here (http://www.tflguide.com/2012/01/lic-jeevan-ankur-review.html)]