PDA

View Full Version : What should I do to get Car Insurance Transfer?

Manoj Yadav
09-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone,

I am Manoj, a Defence person and I had bought an April 2010 model INDICA VISTA TERRA SAFFIRE recently from AMBALA Cantt. Now I am posted at Thane and the car insurance is still not transferred in my name its in name of previous owner and I want it to be transferred to my name. The policy is lapsing on 19 April 2012.

What should I do to get it transferred? Also few days back the windshield cracked due to a tree branch falling on it. Since insurance is not in my name can I claim or not and while doing the transfer will the crack lead to problems and shall I get it replaced first. I know I have asked many queries but timely help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

LastWarrior
09-03-2012, 05:02 PM
First you need to transfer the RC (ownership) -
Documents Required for Transfer of Ownership
1.Original Registration Certificate (RC)
2.Application Form 29, 30 (with seller and purchaser signature)
3. Affidavit from the seller and the purchaser regarding transfer of ownership
4. Address Proof of purchaser
5. No Objection Certificate from the concerned RTO/ AETC in case of Transport Vehicles
6. Valid Insurance Certificate
7. Appropriate fee

Once RC name change is done, Transfer the Car Insurance -
1.Application for change of name
2. Original Registration Certificate (RC) with transferee name (new owner or buyer)
3. Old Insurance Certificate
4. Appropriate fee

More details read article link (http://www.policywala.com/content.php/273-How-to-transfer-car-insurance-of-Second-Hand-Car)

LastWarrior
09-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Also few days back the windshield cracked due to a tree branch falling on it. Since insurance is not in my name can I claim or not and while doing the transfer will the crack lead to problems and shall I get it replaced first.
Claim can only be filed by the persons who's name the insurance policy is?
At the time of transfer insurance company may go for inspection of the car and report it on the policy, so might not be able to claim it later (after transfer of insurance in your name).

Madhura
04-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Insurance company is liable only for the parts damaged and labour charges directly necessitated by the accident and not for any other replacement of parts and labour charges claimed by the motor workshop/insured.