PDA

View Full Version : ICICI Health Saver - Shall I go for another policy?

Luv_2012
02-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Currently I am holding ICICI Health Saver policy from past 2 years. Yearly premium I am paying for this policy is of 10,000 and sum cover is of 2 lakhs. Is it worthful to continue with the said policy OR Shall I go for another policy?
If yes, then which policy should I opt for and what would be the premium, How much cover should I take?

PolicyWala
03-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Better buy health insurance plans from general insurance companies like - Apollo Munich, Max bupa etc. with a sum insured of 5 lakhs. You can also opt for family floater to save premium.

>take
04-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Currently I am holding ICICI Health Saver policy from past 2 years. Yearly premium I am paying for this policy is of 10,000 and sum cover is of 2 lakhs. Is it worthful to continue with the said policy OR Shall I go for another policy?
If yes, then which policy should I opt for and what would be the premium, How much cover should I take?
Negative aspects of this plan -
1. High Prem. allocation charges - 20% for 1st year, 2 & 3 year 9%, 4-10 years 2% & Nil from 11 year onwards.
2. In case of family floater option, in case of death of primary insured (the eldest member of family), the policy `ll be terminated immediately.
3. Regular premium payment is compulsory for first 5 years for cover continuance option i.e if you don`t want to pay premium in future to keep policy in force you `ll have to pay premium for first 5 years.
4. No surrender of policy is allowed except the first 15 day free look period window.
5. Insurance charges for general mediclaim policy as well as policy admin charges `ll be recovered by cancellation of UNITs which `ll impact you severely in prolong bearish phases like the current one.
6. For individual plan option the monthly policy admin charge is 60 Rs. where as for family floater option the same is 90 Rs.