PDA

View Full Version : Car theft claim hanging in the air - some queries to resolve it faster ??

Karmbir
14-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Dear Friends,

Background & Facts of the case :

I lost a Maruti Alto Lxi 2007 model car in July 2011 by way of theft. The FIR was lodged immediately and the insurance company was informed immediately. The car is insured by NATMAR (National Insurance Co & Maruti Udyog Alliance).

All the necessary documents have been submitted to the company except the Court-Non-Trace-Report. I have been following up with the local police station and they are showing their inability to get the Court-Non-Trace-Report as they say that do not have any control over the courts style of working.

I want to know from the experts here - How to get the Court-Non-Trace-Report ?? (Please do not confuse with Police Final Report (under CrPC 173).

If the court takes another few years in issuing the Non-Trace-Report, will i have to wait till that time. Who will be responsible for this delay.

My questions are as follows :

1. Can the Insurance company not process the claim only on basis of police non trace report ?

2. The sum insured under the policy is 1,40,000/=. Will I get the full amount ? Or I will get amount after deduction of something ?

Will the amount reimbursed to me be based on car's market value at the time of actual theft or at the time of getting the claim ??

3. The surveyor appointed by the Insurance company has charged me some 7,500/= in cash as survey fee and expenses and given a bill for that and attached in his survey report as well along with all other documents. Is this amount of 7,500/= fully refundable to me or not ??

4. Also in the FIR and the Police Non Trace Report white typing the chassis number, by typographic error "5" was types instead of "S". This Police said can't be changed now but they have written on back side of Police Non Trace Report that the correct chassis numbers is such and such and stamped and signed it. Is it valid and acceptable for the Insuarance company for processing of claim ??

I shall be highly grateful if seniors here can answer my queries and let me work some way out to get the claim from company as it will be 1 full year in this July 2012.

Best Regards

Karmbir Singh

Vivek
15-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Dear Friends,

Background & Facts of the case :

I lost a Maruti Alto Lxi 2007 model car in July 2011 by way of theft. The FIR was lodged immediately and the insurance company was informed immediately. The car is insured by NATMAR (National Insurance Co & Maruti Udyog Alliance).

All the necessary documents have been submitted to the company except the Court-Non-Trace-Report. I have been following up with the local police station and they are showing their inability to get the Court-Non-Trace-Report as they say that do not have any control over the courts style of working.

I want to know from the experts here - How to get the Court-Non-Trace-Report ?? (Please do not confuse with Police Final Report (under CrPC 173).

If the court takes another few years in issuing the Non-Trace-Report, will i have to wait till that time. Who will be responsible for this delay.

My questions are as follows :

1. Can the Insurance company not process the claim only on basis of police non trace report ?

The standard process of theft claim is , you need to submit following documents -
1. Claim form duly signed by the insured
2. RC copy of the vehicle with all original keys
3. Driving license copy
4. Original policy copy
5. Original FIR copy of the complete theft report
6. RTO transfer papers duly signed along with Form numbers 28, 29, 30 and 35 (if hypothecated)

*After 90 days have passed, request for no trace report from police station. No trace report basically is undertaking by the police that they have not recovered the vehicle

7. Final report - A no-trace report from the police saying that the vehicle cannot be located

So the insurance company can pay you only after 'No trace report'.

2. The sum insured under the policy is 1,40,000/=. Will I get the full amount ? Or I will get amount after deduction of something ?

Will the amount reimbursed to me be based on car's market value at the time of actual theft or at the time of getting the claim ??

If you suffer total loss in an accident of your three-year-old car that is worth Rs. 4 lacs at the time of the accident, under no circumstances will you be compensated for more than Rs. 4 lacs.

In case of Theft/Total Loss/ Constructive Total Loss (http://www.policywala.com/content.php/397-Claim-Total-Loss-Constructive-Total-Loss-Cash-Loss-CL-Net-of-Salvage) – Generally 100% IDV is considered for payment.

3. The surveyor appointed by the Insurance company has charged me some 7,500/= in cash as survey fee and expenses and given a bill for that and attached in his survey report as well along with all other documents. Is this amount of 7,500/= fully refundable to me or not ??

Surveyor fee will be paid by the insurance company.

Why you had paid this?
Did you appointed the surveyor?
Had you checked with the insurance company that you are paying the surveyor fee?

4. Also in the FIR and the Police Non Trace Report white typing the chassis number, by typographic error "5" was types instead of "S". This Police said can't be changed now but they have written on back side of Police Non Trace Report that the correct chassis numbers is such and such and stamped and signed it. Is it valid and acceptable for the Insuarance company for processing of claim ??

I shall be highly grateful if seniors here can answer my queries and let me work some way out to get the claim from company as it will be 1 full year in this July 2012.

Best Regards

Karmbir Singh
This is not a problem. Police already corrected it.

Rahul
17-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Surveyor fee is paid by the insurance company for which surveyor is doing survey not by the insured.