PDA

View Full Version : How to encash NSC? - Encashment from Noida, bought in Lucknow

NSC_Manish
09-07-2012, 04:55 PM
I have following queries -
1) I have bought my NSC in Lucknow, Currently I reside in Noida, the NSC has already matured, Can I encash the NSC in Noida/Delhi.
2) My brother work and resides abroad, he had also bought another NSC,that has also matured. He had signed the encashment form for his NSC. Can that be submitted by me and money taken in Noida/Delhi.
3) Is it necessary to be physically present as my brother stays abroad.

Pls advice.
Manish

VarunD
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I have following queries -
1) I have bought my NSC in Lucknow, Currently I reside in Noida, the NSC has already matured, Can I encash the NSC in Noida/Delhi.

You need to deposit the Original NSC Certificate in Noida and wait for 7-15 days and show the Original Identity Proof such as Driver License or Passport etc to the Post Office.

2) My brother work and resides abroad, he had also bought another NSC,that has also matured. He had signed the encashment form for his NSC. Can that be submitted by me and money taken in Noida/Delhi.
3) Is it necessary to be physically present as my brother stays abroad.

Pls advice.
Manish
No idea.

Master
11-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Answer Q1 - You can get these NSCs encashed at any post office. As per the guidelines, the encashment is done on the same day at the original post office, whereas it can take upto 30 working days if encashed in any other post office. Usually, at the time of encashing the NSC on maturity, the holders need to sign on the back of the certificate in front of the postmaster. You also carry Original Identity Proof such as Driver License or Passport etc.

Answer Q2 & 3 - Usually, at the time of encashing the NSC on maturity, the holders need to sign on the back of the certificate in front of the postmaster. As your brother is outside India, you cannot encash his NSC.

Master
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
NSC Encashment Form