PDA

View Full Version : Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater policy issue

tarundeeps
25-07-2012, 02:50 PM
hi,

My father is having oriental insurance happy family floater policy running since last 3 years. In nov 2011 he had the symptoms of heart attack at night. He was admitted to the hospital on immediate basis and there doctors took their different tests. But after 2 days against the doctor's advice we got him discharged from the hospital. Doctor's then said my father is having the symptoms of heart attack and advised the angiography test which we had done later outside the hospital. Father is having Blood pressure problem from past few years. but it's not on a regular basis. He rarely need the capsules of high bp.

The main thing is that when we put on claim for insurance the insurance company is now saying that policy should run for atleast 4 yrs on continue basis. I have read on their website orientalinsurance.org.in/happy-family-floater-policy.jsp . It says Pre-existing conditions cover after four consecutive renewals with the Company.

I didn't get what is the pre existing condition in case of heart attack and what should i do next.

Manish_Kumar
28-07-2012, 01:28 PM
I didn't get what is the pre existing condition in case of heart attack and what should i do next.
Pre-existing Medical Condition (http://www.policywala.com/content.php/298-What-is-a-Pre-existing-Medical-Condition) (or “pre-existing condition”) means any medical condition or any related condition (e.g. illnesses, symptoms, treatments, pains and surgery) that have arisen at some point prior to the commencement of this coverage, irrespective of whether any medical treatment or advice was sought. Any such condition or related condition about which the PI or insured dependant know, knew or could reasonably have been assumed to have known, will be deemed to be pre-existing.

Manish_Kumar
28-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Also read - When Pre-existing disease will be covered? (http://www.policywala.com/content.php/360-Health-Insurance-FAQs-When-Pre-existing-disease-will-be-covered)