PDA

View Full Version : Whether original hospital bills are compulsory required to be submitted with the insurance company?

SushantJindal
16-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I want to know whether original hospital bills are compulsory required to be submitted with the insurance company to claim the insurance amount covered under the policy.

Manoj
21-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Yes, you need to submit original bills.

Vivek
27-09-2012, 02:34 AM
I want to know whether original hospital bills are compulsory required to be submitted with the insurance company to claim the insurance amount covered under the policy.If you have two health insurance policies covering the same risk, then you can claim from both the insurers. Submitting originals to one and photocopy to other. e.g. You have two health insurance policies - one for 2 lakhs and another topup insurance for 5 lakhs.

Manish_Kumar
28-09-2012, 10:15 AM
I want to know whether original hospital bills are compulsory required to be submitted with the insurance company to claim the insurance amount covered under the policy.I have heard that some policies which also cover OPD charges, don't need original receipt.

michaelk
21-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Yes, you've to submit originals to the insurance company for reimbursement.

gibl
25-06-2014, 02:54 PM
I think you should make photocopy all the required documents.You can also asked the insurance companies if scanned copies are viable.

RanchiR
20-10-2015, 04:08 PM
I want to know whether original hospital bills are compulsory required to be submitted with the insurance company to claim the insurance amount covered under the policy.

Yes, Documents that you need to submit, for a hospitalization reimbursement claim in original, are:
* Hospital Discharge Card.
* In-patient hospital bills signed by Insured to authenticate the amount.
* Investigation Reports along with their bills.
* Prescription of doctor along with their chemist bills.
* Details of consumables & disposables used for medical & surgical procedures. (With their detailed break up)
* Doctor’s consultation bills with consultation notes.
* Photocopy of indoor case papers / operative notes.

All this need to be the original one

Sayantani
23-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Hi, Yes in order to claim your insurance amount, it is a mandate to submit original hospital bills

krshma
02-05-2016, 11:11 AM
I work in a health insurance firm and yes, you need to submit original bills.

suzan
21-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Yes original bills which includes hospitalisation , diagnostic tests and discharge certificates need to be submitted to the insurance company for reiumbursement of claims.