PDA

View Full Version : which one is better Floating or Fixed Home loan?

Ankit_09
16-10-2012, 12:59 AM
I am planning to buy an apartment for myself. For that I need 45 lakhs loan.
My questions are:
1) How much to take home loan so to avail best Tax benefit and also to reduce the pain to raising interest rate?
3) Which one is better Floating or Fixed Home loan?

PolicyWala
02-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Positive Points of Fixed Interest Rate on Home loan
1- Interest Rate remains fixed irrespective of Market Conditions even if Govt. lower the rates.
2- A fixed rate home loan doesn't fluctuate, so rates are certaint during whole period.

Negative Points of Fixed Interest Rate on Home loan
1- It is usually 1 - 2.5% more than the floating rate home loan.
2- If for any reason the interest rate decreases, the fixed rate home loan doesn't get the benefit of reduced rates and the borrower has to repay the same amount every time.

PolicyWala
02-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Positive Points of Floating Interest Rate on Home loan
1- Floating rate home loans are cheaper (at least 1%-2%) than fixed interest rates.
2- As per past record, the interest rates of floating loan will surely fall over a long period and thus better than fixed rate.

Negative Points of Floating Interest Rate on Home loan
1- Floating interest rate is uneven so the monthly instalments or EMI's.

Jeet
10-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Majority of people opt for fixed rate of interest as their mortgage option. Fixed-rate mortgages are stable and your monthly payment will never fluctuate as long as your loan exists.Your rate of interest is going to be the same till the loan is paid off.On the other hand floating interest rate are unstable and fluctuates with time. Home loans on fixed interest rates are more beneficial than floating rates.Companies loke Punjab National Bank, SBI, Axis Bank, Canara bank offer best deals on housing loans.

ankitadixit
21-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Fixed rates are higher than floating rates at any given point. On the other side, floating interest rate loans, the EMIs would fluctuate as per the market dynamics, as interest rates increase or decrease.