PDA

View Full Version : Can I claim the cost of dental Implantation surgery through Group Staff Mediclaim Policy?

Sampat
30-10-2012, 02:28 AM
I am working as an Assistant Manager in PSU. Unfortunately, I met with an accident on 22/10/2012 and lost almost all teeth. Dentist suggested for teeth Implantation Surgery. Can I claim the cost of dental Implantation surgery through Group Staff Mediclaim Policy, which is with New India Assurance co, Ltd..

Please help me.
Sampat

Manish_Kumar
01-11-2012, 01:47 AM
1- Only Dental Surgery following an accident is covered under health insurance.
2- Dental treatment or surgery unless it requires hospitalisation (24 Hours) is not covered.

Exclusions: Any dental treatment or surgery which is corrective, cosmetic or of aesthetic procedure,filling of cavity, root canal including wear and tear etc unless arising from disease or injury and which requires hospitalisation for treatment.

PolicyWala
02-11-2012, 11:43 AM
I am working as an Assistant Manager in PSU. Unfortunately, I met with an accident on 22/10/2012 and lost almost all teeth. Dentist suggested for teeth Implantation Surgery. Can I claim the cost of dental Implantation surgery through Group Staff Mediclaim Policy, which is with New India Assurance co, Ltd..

Please help me.
Sampat
You need to fulfil, following conditions, for coverage of dental cover under group mediclaim -
1- All types of Dental Treatments or Dental surgery are excluded except those arising out of accident.
2- The accident should have damaged the teeth/tooth.
3- Only those teeth/tooth which are damaged due to this accident are covered.