PDA

View Full Version : Top-up Health Insurance : Will it be a single illness or two?

amitz
13-11-2012, 06:45 PM
I have a quick query on the Top-up policy. As we know that the Top-up policy will be kicked up, only when we cross the deductible. How do the illness number is counted means if I went to hospital and discharged and again admitted to hospital for same illness and again discharged. Will it be a single illness or two?

If it's two illnesses - will the second one be treated as post hospitalisation or not covered at all?

PolicyWala
13-11-2012, 06:55 PM
It depends on the top-up policy you have bought. Read term & condition and policy wording. If still things are not clear/write call customer care. I prefer writing an email to customer care so that I have a proof in writing to back on later.

Matrix
13-11-2012, 08:22 PM
I have a quick query on the Top-up policy. As we know that the Top-up policy will be kicked up, only when we cross the deductible. How do the illness number is counted means if I went to hospital and discharged and again admitted to hospital for same illness and again discharged. Will it be a single illness or two?

If it's two illnesses - will the second one be treated as post hospitalisation or not covered at all?
Policywala is rightly said that check terms & conditions of the policy first. As per my knowledge, If relapse happens within 45 days of discharge from hospital, it is usually considered single illness. However, if the customer is hospitalized again for the same illness but after 45 days from discharge, it is usually considered a fresh illness.

But no universal guidelines on this.