PDA

View Full Version : What should I do if my CIBIL credit score is incorrect?

Aansh
15-12-2012, 01:33 PM
I had applied for a home loan from ICICI bank. The bank rejected my loan application on the grounds that my credit report mentioned that I have a long overdue outstanding amount on a credit card. They just provided me this info. Please suggest what to do?

I need home loan urgently. Should I apply to another bank?

Manish_Kumar
15-12-2012, 01:43 PM
1- Did you hold that credit card?
2- Did you defaulted on that credit card payment?

- If the answers to both the questions is 'yes' then the info in your credit file is correct. And you need to correct it first before reapplying for loan again.
- If the answer to any above question is 'No' then there is error on your credit file. And again you need to correct it (with proof) first before reapplying for loan again.

Aansh
15-12-2012, 01:48 PM
I had a HDFC credit card in 2010 and also defaulted on the credit card payment but that issue was amicably settled with the HDFC Bank in 2011, after which I stopped using that credit card.

Manish_Kumar
15-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I had a HDFC credit card in 2010 and also defaulted on the credit card payment but that issue was amicably settled with the HDFC Bank in 2011, after which I stopped using that credit card.
Do you have any document from the bank to acknowledge that fact?
- If yes, submit that proof to CIBIL. CIBIL then verified and incorporated the updated, correct info in your credit report.
- If not, go to HDFC bank and take letter that you had made all the payment to HDFC Credit Card dues.

After few months again check your credit report, if all OK, go for home loan.

Aansh
15-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks Manish for your help.