PDA

View Full Version : Do vehicle registration number has any effect on the insurance premium?

jim
15-12-2012, 06:58 PM
I have got a scooter from my father and it is registered in Meerut (UP - 16 - S - XXXX). I presently live and work in Delhi. I would like to ask you -
1- Whether I need to again apply for registration in Delhi (to get it registered in Delhi with Delhi Registration Number)?
2- Is registration number has any effect on the insurance premium?

Madhura
16-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Registration number is one of the important factor in calculating the motor premium amount. And metro cities are high risks areas so you would have to pay extra premium. But as your vehicle has registration number of Meerut, you will be charged less premium because most of the IT system take it as your area of operation is non metro - Meerut (on the basis of registration number).

Note - But please mention in the insurance proposal form that you live and work in Delhi, so you won't face any problem in case of claim.

ankitk
26-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Yes, definitely registration number has effect on the premium of the policy. Actually for the motor insurance there are 2 types of zones: Zone a and Zone B.
Zone A includes major 6 cities of India including metropolitan cities. In zone B, rest of the India is there.
So you must mention registration number of your vehicle while taking the policy.