PDA

View Full Version : How to extend my PPF account after 15 years?

Luv_2012
18-01-2013, 11:52 PM
I own a PPF account, which is completing 15 year next month. I am looking to extend it for another 5 year. Could you please let me know the procedure of do so?

Rahul
19-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Take the print out of the attached PPF extension form (FORM - H) and submit this with an application to your bank or post office.

Luv_2012
19-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have one more query -
If I extend it for another five years, can I close this extended PPF account in the next one year (i.e. in 16th year) and withdraw all the amount?

Madhura
19-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have one more query -
If I extend it for another five years, can I close this extended PPF account in the next one year (i.e. in 16th year) and withdraw all the amount?
Yes, you can do that. If you are opting to subscribe for the extension of another 5 years, you will be eligible to make partial withdrawals. With following conditions to be met –
1- The partial withdrawals should not be exceeding ONE every year.
2- The total of the withdrawals, during the 5 year extension block period , shall not exceed 60 percent of the balance at his credit at the commencement of the said period.

Madhura
19-01-2013, 01:48 AM
You need PPF - Form C (http://www.policywala.com/content.php/194-PPF-Forms-When-and-How-you-can-use-them) for withdrawals.