PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurance : Cancellation and Re-booking it?

pramod
19-01-2013, 04:36 PM
I am planning a holiday trip to Switzerland this summer. As a visa requirement, I need to submit the air ticket and travel insurance for the days, I will be in Switzerland. My plan is to get the visa first and then plan the trip. So I would like to book a travel insurance for tentative dates and then cancel it and book again for fixed days after I got the visa, to save money.

Please suggest me if this is possible?

Matrix
19-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Yes, you can cancel the travel insurance and re-book again but you need to pay cancellation charges.

I would recommend to do little bit planning first and block your holidays dates. This way you don't need to change your travel dates and you will also save money on re-booking of air ticket, hotel booking and travel insurance.

pramod
19-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. Could you please let me know what I need to do for cancellation?

Matrix
19-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. Could you please let me know what I need to do for cancellation?
Check this thread (http://www.policywala.com/forum/showthread.php/2271-Travel-Insurance-Policy-Cancellation-When-entire-trip-has-been-cancelled).

amay
01-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Yes, you can change the dates of insurance prior to beginning your journey.

But it is advisable that you plan your trip and then apply for Schengen Visa accordingly as it is mandatory to provide the Swiss embassy with proof of Schengen travel insurance covering entire period of trip with visa application. This way cancellation cost charged by the insurer can be avoided.

ravikumar
18-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Yes, it is possible
You can cancel travel insurance and rebook again